Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Knits

presenting, 'Savanna'
new from 2011 my summer collection.

This new summer inspired design was created from my spring pattern release, Adrift only this time I omitted the sleeves and worked garter stitch on the last 2 stitches creating a flat edge around the armhole. 
Variation to neckline: For the neckline, I continued working the single ribbing for a total of seven rows, thus allowing it to fold back onto itself, creating a flattering collar.





Embellishment: For a unique finishing touch I added strung beads along the garter stitch ridge row, and fastened securely.

The safari style hat completes the look, however this hat pattern is not available since it has been worked from a base pattern, where I improvised and added a brim.

Designed to fit: I worked this design to fit 18in Madam Alexander Dolls like my model pictured, this outfit also fits the American Girl Dolls and 18in Gotz Dolls.

 





Model Info: 'Hayley', is from Madam Alexander Girlz Collection, she stands 18 inches tall, slightly slimmer than the American Girl Dolls and 18in Gotz Dolls.




Thanks for looking, Deb



1 comment:

  1. Deb's patterns are excellent and easy to follow. I make a lot of American girl doll clothes and I would say her patterns are the best. She takes basic stitches, worsted weight yarn, and wonderful color combination ideas and develops unique products! Her patterns go step by step and soi simple to follow!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please feel free to contact me with your comments and questions. Thank you for looking over my site and your shared interests ~ Deborah

Share